Sunday, July 31, 2011

CAN YOUR PAIN MEDICATION CAUSE YOU SICKNESS AND ILL-HEALTH?

IS YOUR PAIN MEDICATION HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH?

"In high doses, one of our most-trusted, over-the-counter and prescription pain relievers – acetaminophen – can kill you. Acetaminophen overdose is the top cause of liver failure among Americans, and women are especially at risk." I am quoting from the article 'Pain Medications: Can You be Overdosing' by Diane Wedner, Lifescript Medical Detective. 

If you're like me and you're taking over-the-counter pain medication like crazy you should read the full article. (click here). It scared the daylights out of me.  I am in now in the process of finding ways to manage my migraines so I won't overdose on the pain relievers.  I would rather do away with some awful habits to prevent sickness.  That's a healthier alternative.  Would you prefer to go through a liver transplant caused by pain reliever overdose.

There's really nothing wrong with pain relievers.  Taken in moderation, it won't result to sickness or other health risks.  But when you buy it over-the counter like vitamins and gobble them up regularly in high doses, then a health problem might be in the offing.

I don't want my simple sickness (migraine) to result to a serious liver health condition.  I'm taking stock.  I'm paying attention.  I'm making changes.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment